The Underwater Archeology Diver Specialty Diver course gives students an introduction to the basics of underwater archaeology techniques and practices, while raising awareness of underwater cultural heritage. During the course, you will learn the fundamental skills and protocol needed to properly study and record historical evidence, as well as demonstrate the value of preservation and conservation.
Be at least 10 years old
PADI Open Water Divers or equivalent
(All courses are PADI and include basic diving equipment, diving insurance and certification fee)
The goals of Underwater Archeology Diver training are:
- Introduce students to the basic fundamentals of underwater archaeology
- Demonstrate the main points of Project Planning for surveying underwater sites
- Identify best practices for safety and risk management on underwater archaeological sites
- Demonstrate the techniques for discovering, finding and marking submerged sites.
- Understand Local and International laws regarding submerged archaeological sites and finds
- Demonstrate how to work in an archaeological team setting and record data